October Favorites (no flunkies!)

 Please excuse my tardiness in posting this month's favorites a few days late. I have been insanely busy this month (such is the life of a grad student), and thus my makeup routine has really simplified. My main concerns have been concealing dark under eye circles and adding some color to my cheeks to mask just how sleep deprived and crazy I feel. These past few weeks I have forgone eyeshadow almost completely, but have discovered that the trick to fooling people that your look is really put together is a quick swipe of red or berry lipstick! No flunkies to report this month, because I have really buckled down on spending.


Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer
Using this again after a few months of being out has reminded me of why I adore this moisturizer so. It is a must for oily skinned folks, but is moisturizing enough to suit normal skin as well. This soaks in quickly, making for a great morning moisturizer. Read my full review here.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand
Bloggers the world wide web over have raved about this product, so when my last setting powder was nothing but pan I picked up this budget friendly powder. I have been really impressed so far- it sets my foundation without making me look cakey, and adds a little extra coverage on days when I opt for just a tinted moisturizer. I still need to blot every once in a while and I don't think this is heavy-duty enough for my super oily summer skin, but for the cooler months it is fitting the bill. Review coming soon.

Revlon SuperLustrous Lipsticks in Black Cherry & Really Red (matte)
There is no better time than autumn to bust out the berry lippies, and this month Black Cherry has been my pick. I picked this up because I heard this vampy, glossy burgundy red shade is a MAC Media dupe, and I have been loving this for evening looks. During the day, I have been gravitating towards Really Red, a true red matte shade, for a clean and classic pop of color. See Really Red in a lineup of some of the other Revlon matte shades here.

Maybelline SuperStay Makeup in Natural Beige
A friend of mine passed this along to me after she accidentally selected a shade too dark for her, and this baby has been sitting in my makeup collection untouched and unloved since then. Now that the weather is cooling off, my typically oily skin is balancing out (dare I say it is almost normal?!) so this foundation has replaced my usual matte finish formulas. SuperStay is a creamy, natural finish foundation with a great wear time.

NYX Cream Blush in Natural
Last month the shade Boho Chic made it on to my favorites, but this month I have really been reaching for Natural. It is a no-brainer shade that goes with every look, and it gives me that 'I'm alive although I only got 2 hours of sleep' flush that I need. Check out swatches of this shade and other NYX Cream Blushes here.

wet N wild ColorIcon Eyeliner Pencil in White
To keep my tired peepers looking bright, I have been applying this liner to my lower waterline. There are tons of white liners on the market, but this one is creamy, easy to apply, opaque, and best yet, super cheap! It also was essential in my Adele inspired look.

Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey (on double-ended liner from Naked Palette)
Since I have been enjoying more natural and subtle eye looks this month, brown eyeliner has been an October staple. I loved it so much, in fact, that I used it all up!

Zoya Yara (not pictured above)
I am usually not into green that much, but this polish blew me away. How could you not love this olive green with gold flakies?! It was also a perfect base for my Frankenstein nail design

What have you been loving this month?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More