September Sayonara Products

As I say goodbye to September, I also bid 10 emptied products farewell! And *drum roll please* three of them are makeup items! Here is what I finished up this month:

Yes to Tomatoes Volumizing Shampoo
Read the full review here. This is the best natural shampoo I have found yet, but I apparently didn't love it enough to repurchase because I am still on the hunt for my HG hair care products.

Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser
I was excited that a mainstream brand like Neutrogena was releasing more natural products, but this was really just ho-hum for me. It got my skin clean, but it didn't offer a lot in the way of oil and acne fighting. Also, it had an odd medicinal, herbal smell that I wasn't too fond of.

Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask
This is the second tub of this I have used up, and I actually quite like it. The jars are a bit small and a bit expensive, but it is a natural product and smells just like cucumbers. Read my full review here.

Batiste Dry Shampoo
As a busy graduate student, sometime showering just doesn't take priority over finishing my bajillion pages of reading. On those days, a blast of Batiste keeps me looking fresh. I cant be without this stuff.

Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser
This cleanser contains glycolic acid, which is supposed to exfoliate the skin and breaks up gunk in your pores, and is only meant to be used twice a week. Though I did find that my skin was a bit smoother and brighter after using this, I didn't see much improvement with my blackheads. Not bad, but not worth the price tag either.

ELF HD Powder
This was my HG setting powder over the summer, and made it on to many of my favorites lists. The finely milled, silky white powder controlled oil like no other on my skin and delivered an airbrush finish. I will certainly repurchase this.

Yes to Carrots Eye Contour Cream
Just your run of the mill eye cream here. I wasn't impressed with it, so I ended up using it was an eye makeup remover just to finish up the tub.

Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk
Pillow talk is a natural looking gloss with very subtle mauve undertones, and the formula is slightly plumping. I did find it a bit thick and sticky though. I enjoyed it while this deluxe sample lasted, but not enough to invest in a full sized tube.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (deluxe sample)
Read my full review here. To use this up, I mixed with with tinted moisturizer to create a more natural finish foundation. The combo offered the coverage, staying power, and oil control I needed without looking like I was wearing a mask. However, I am looking for a foundation that can deliver all of those benifits without me having to make a cosmetic cocktail every time I do my makeup.

TRESemme Non-Aerosol Hair Spray
After I finished up a big can of hairspray, this little travel bottle was all I had around so I just used it up. It did its job, but I don't have anything to rave about. 

What did you finish up in September?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More