Breast Cancer Awareness Month- FOTD & Self-Exams

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and bloggers have been doing their part by posting information and inspired FOTDs. For me, the standout post has been Jessica's from Getting Cheeky- not only was her FOTD simple and elegant, but she also reminded me of the importance of performing monthly breast self-exams. As Jessica argues, we spend countless hours a month applying cosmetics, yet often forget to take 15 minutes or so a month to focus on our health. 

It occurred to me, though, that I didn't even know how to properly perform a monthly breast exam. After a bit of research, I discovered  some helpful information. Although the Susan G. Koman Foundation does not endorse breast self-exams as a screening or diagnostic tool for breast cancer, it is nonetheless important to become familiar with your breasts. Doing so will allow you to detect changes and warning signs early. Of course, if you notice any changes, contact your doctor. For more info on breast self-exams, check out the Susan G. Koman Foundation's page on the subject. Moreover, here is a step-by-step guide on how to perform monthly breast self-exams. If you don't do them regularly, I implore you to start. I know I am. 

Here is the pink inspired FOTD I came up with for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I wanted this look to be bold (the goal is awareness, after all!). However, the look is much more subtle in pictures for some reason. I assure you that in person, this look was much more dramatic.

 Face
Revlon ColorStay in Medium Beige
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in Light
Benefit Erase Paste in Medium
Maybelline Dream Matte in Sand
e.l.f. Cool Bronzer

Cheeks
NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic
Hard Candy Face and Body Luminizer in Doll Face

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Benefit Lemon-Aid
Wet n Wild I'm Getting Sunburned trio- pink on lid
Wet n Wild Spoiled Brat trio- bright pink in crease and along lower lash line
Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Pure- inner corners
Urban Decay 24/7 Glinde-On Eyeliner in Zero- upper lash line, tight line, lower water line
Loreal Voluminous Millions of Lashes

Lips
Revlon SuperLustrous Lipstick in Primrose
Tarina Trantino Gem Gloss in Disco Nap


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More