Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude

Whether we are striving for luminous skin or voluminous lashes, us makeup junkies are always on the quest. For me, I have been pretty focused lately on finding my perfect nude that doesn't wash me out and doesn't break the bank. After a handful of misses, Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude is a huge hit with me!

I know a lot people really love the ColorBurst packaging. I will say that it is more sophisticated than most other drugstore brands, but I am not over the moon for it.  I actually prefer the sleek black tubes of the Revlon SuperLustrous rage, but no matter: it is the product in side I am after. However, I do really like the 'Revlon' stamped into the side of the bullet. The price is right on this one, too. Depending on your retailer, ColorBurst lipsticks will run you anywhere between $5-$8.

The formula of this lipstick is nice and creamy. However, be warned that this also makes the bullet a bit fragile- while mine hasn't melted or broken, it has started to push against the inside of the tube a bit, leaving dents on the side of the bullet. It is not incredibly pigmented (which I like), allowing me to build up to full opacity if I want or keep it more sheer. This is a satin finish, and has no bothersome scent or taste that I can detect.
My only complain is the shape of the bullet. I prefer my lipsticks to have the pointed peak shape, as it allows me greater precision in application. This bullet has more of a flattened and rounded top, making application more challenging. It is not a problem with a light shade like Soft Nude but it might be if you opted for a darker shade from the ColorBurst range.


Soft Nude is a very well balanced nude shade, in my opinion. This creamy beige doesn't lean too pink or too brown on me. It is cool enough for my fair skin, but has a nice subtle warmth as well that keeps me from looking like a corpse. The shade is also versatile- I have layered it over a baby pink lip liner for a pale pink lip, and I have also topped it off with peach gloss for a peachier nude. Overall this is an incredibly wearable shade, but I tend to reach for it more when I go for darker, more dramatic eye looks. 

On its own, I get 3-4 hours of wear out of this. Longer, of course, when paired with a liner and shorter when topped with a gloss. I don't find that this particularly moisturizing but it is not too drying either. It is always a good idea, however, to keep your pucker exfoliated and moisturized to decrease the possibility of parched, cracked lips.


While I will undoubtedly keep my eye out for other nudes (the quest never stops, does it?!), Revlon's ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude is really an exceptional find, especially in this price range. 

Have you tried this lipstick? 
What is your favorite nude?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More