NYX Cream Blushes


I always assumed that cream blushes would perform poorly on my oily prone skin. However, I lusted after the natural, slightly dewy finish they leave behind. After hearing raves of NYX's Cream Blushes, I decided to pick some up off of Cherry Culture when they were having a 20% sale. And I am so glad I took the risk.

Not only are these babies incredibly affordable (currently $6 each on Cherry Culture), but they come in a nice selection of colors, have simple yet sturdy packaging, and contain more product than will last me a lifetime. These cream blushes are also crazy pigmented- a small tap of product is more than enough to give you a nice flush. Typically I apply with my finger tips, but you can also use a duofiber brush. Moreover, the cream to powder formula means that once the product sets you won't have a tacky, slippery feeling left on your cheeks, and this is good news for gals with oily prone skin. I get 5 or so hours of wear out of these. Although that isn't an incredibly long wear time, I can pat on a little more without looking cakey.

What I love most about these is that they give my overall makeup look a more natural finish. Since I opt for matte foundations and do everything under the sun to keep my oily skin at bay, my face can end up looking a bit powdery or flat. A bit of NYX Cream Blush blended into my cheeks lends a natural luminosity that balances and brightens my look.

Here are the shades I picked up:

Diva is a deep wine red. Be warned: this shade is insanely pigmented, and most well suited for darker skin tones. Fair skinned ladies can pull it off, too- just use it sparingly and blend blend blend. I think this is a wonderful fall and winter blush.


Natural is a pinky nude shade that adds a gentle flush.

























Orange is, you guessed it, orange. Though intimidating in the pan, it is really lovely on the cheeks and pairs nicely with peach and coral lips.


Golden is a neutral nude beige. There are not strong pink undertones here. It is one of the only two shades with shimmer, but it is by no means overwhelming. It adds, go figure, a nice golden glow.


Boho Chic is my favorite of the bunch. It is a pale, cool pink with some soft shimmers in it. I find that this looks most natural on me, and adds a gorgeous sheen.

Check out how creamy these blushes are. Just a touch of the finger softens the product and allows it to blend and melt into the skin. 

Here are some comparison swatches:
Heavy swatches, L-R: Diva, Natural, Orange, Golden, Boho Chic

Heavy swatches blended out, L-R: Diva, Natural, Orange, Golden, Boho Chic

I really recommend these, especially if you are new to cream blushes like I was. You might be surprised!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More