August Sayonara Products

 By the end of each month, I am astonished by how many products I finish up and it always seems that I run out of everything at once. On one hand, empty bottles assure me that I am actually using the products I spend my hard earned cash on; on the other, it can be a little overwhelming to need to replenish my stash of products all at once. I said sayonara to a whopping thirteen products this month!

 Yes to Tomatoes Daily Volumizing Conditioner
Of all of the natural conditioners I have tried, this one is by far my favorite (read my full review here). However, I wouldn't say it is a miracle product. In fact, I was seduced back to the dark side, at least temporarily, and picked up non-natural shampoo and conditioner (from the John Frieda Sheer Blonde line, which made my August favorites list). I am still on the hunt for a superior natural shampoo and conditioner- suggestions?

Macadamia Healing Oil Healing Oil Treatment
This small 1oz. bottle lasted me about 3 months- while I didn't use it daily at first, I really started to fall in love with this product just as it was getting low. It smells divine and keeps my hair hydrated and frizz-free. I am not sure I want to invest in the full sized, $25 bottle just yet, so I am on the hunt for a cheaper alternative. I am curious about VO5 Miracle Concentrate. Or should I bust out some cash and try out the classic Moroccan Oil? What do you all suggest?
 
 Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
There are things I really like about this product: I can layer and layer and layer this mascara without it getting clumpy, it doesn't flake, and it offers nice length and respectable volume. However, it doesn't hold a curl very well and can leaves my lashes a bit heavy and stick like if I apply too many coats. I just opened a backup of this that I need to move through, but I don't think I will repurchase after that.

Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black
As of now, this is my HG mascara although I am still curious to try others. Voluminous Carbon Black offers incredible volume, but the formula is a bit finicky- one coat too many can leave you with clumpier lashes than the late Tammy Faye Baker. I wish this was a bit more lengthening as well, but I would still buy this again.

Sephora Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer
I have a full sized bottle of this and just wanted to get this little deluxe sample out of the way. On its own, this is a ho-hum tinted moisturizer- but then again, I prefer more coverage and oil control than a tinted moisturizer can typically provide. However, I mix this daily with matte finish full coverage foundation (either Revlon ColorStay or Estee Lauder Double Wear) to achieve a lighter, more natural finish. 

Benefit "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer
 I received this in my Benefit Confessions of a Concealaholic kit. "That Gal" is a thick, creamy pink primer that initially made me very hesitant. I assumed a brightening face primer with thick, creamy formula would clash with my oily skin and exacerbate the appearance of shine. However, I really grew to love this primer. It gave me a non-shimmery, lit from within glow that made my matte foundations look more natural, and I never noticed a problem in terms of oil-control. I have a hard time dropping the cash for a full sized bottle of this, but I would consider it in the future.

Josie Maran Bronzing Argan Oil
By now we have all been informed enough times about the miraculous benefits of argan oil, so I figured this product would blow me out of the water. I received this in a Sephora kit in the winter, but couldn't imagine using it any other time of year except the summer. Since I couldn't imagine applying this to my  face, I rubbed this onto my legs when wearing skirts and shorts. It left a nice sheen but nothing that I couldn't achieve with a bit of my standby coconut oil (which smells way better anyway). Once rubbed in, the bronzing effect is not even visible. This one isn't worth the investment for me.
 AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask
As an oily skinned babe I love a good mud mask, but this one didn't wow me. I was really perplexed by the instructions, which insist you wash off the mask only 2 minutes after applying it. I liked that this has a slight exfoliating effect while rinsing it off, but I wouldn't seek this out in the future.

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Hydrating Lotion
This is some good stuff. My partner and I have moved through several bottles of this natural facial lotion- it is gentle enough for his hypersensitive skin and light enough for my oily prone skin. It is incredibly hydrating, quick to soak into the skin, and has a lovely cucumber scent.

Pangea Organics Facial Toner
Love love love this product, but I don't love the price. I received this deluxe sample in a Birchbox and quickly used it all up. It is an amazing organic toner that helps remove any grime my cleanser left behind and preps my skin for my lotion. Also, a quick mist sets makeup and refreshes skin. However a full sized bottle is $28, which means I will be searching for a more affordable option.
fresh Citron de Vigne Eau de Parfum
I have complained here before on how difficult it is to find women's fragrances that are warm and earthy or aren't cloyingly fruity and flowery.  This one is different, and venture I say this may be my "signature scent." It is an alluring citrus scent with notes of wine- yum!

Korres Fig Shower Gel
My partner and I both love the earthy, dark, and slightly sweet scent of this shower gel, and the fact that it is all natural makes me even more excited. I cashed in my Birchbox points before I canceled by subscription and picked up a full sized bottle of this.

Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails
 This got a bit thick towards the end, but overall I love this stuff. I apply it on clean nails underneath a base coat and it keeps my nails incredibly hard and strong. Try it out!

What did you use up in August?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More