Summer Essentials

I know, I know...we are at the tail end of summer and fall is quickly approaching. I am eager for the crunchy leaves and fall collections, but you best believe that I'm squeezing every last drop of summer out of  August! It is still hotter than hellfire in my neck of the woods, so I have a feeling I have quite a bit of sunshine weather left. If you follow my blog regularly, you have probably seen these items in heavy rotation this summer! Here are the products that have been my essentials this summer and will carry me through the end of the season.

Nail Polish
L-R: Sally Hansen Insta Dry Snappy Sorbet, Zoya Gaia, Essie Topless & Barefoot, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Caribbean Coral
 This has been the summer of coral for me! Two favorites have been Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Snappy Sorbet and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Caribbean Coral. When I am not in the mood for a bright coral, I have been loving Essie Topless & Barefoot, my perfect nude, and Zoya Gai, a soft white with subtle golden shimmer, is divine against a summer tan!

Eyes
 After neglecting my beloved Urban Decay Naked Palette for far too long, I made it part of my daily summer routine. Being the versatile product it is, it has been perfect to create simple, natural looks for when it is too hot to bother much with the eyes, as well as golden eyes, my summer staple.  Regardless of my eye look, I have been using NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk as a base- it is super creamy and makes my shadows pop like no other. Also, e.l.f. cream eyeliner in black is easy to apply and doesn't budge, even in the heat.

Face
Depending on the coverage I need that day, I go back and forth between foundation and tinted moisturizer in the summer. But without fail, I always mix in a little of my Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum to control oil and add a natural glow to my skin. I set my face with e.l.f. HD Powder, which has been great at keeping my shiny forehead at bay. And it is not summer without a good bronzer, and I have been surprisingly loyal to the one that is in the Sephora Sculpting Disk- it is matte and a great shade for my skin tone.

Lips
 As much as I adore lipstick, the summer is when I get the most use out of my glosses and balms. When I know I will be in the sun I apply my Yes to Carrots Conditioning Lip Butter with SPF 15 in Pomegranate to protect my lips. It leaves a bit of a white cast, so if I am wearing it beyond the poolside I layer a gloss on top. I have been favoring the Sally Hansen Diamond 12 Hour Lip Treatment Glosses in the shades Baguette, a hot pink, and Flawless, a coral orange.

Cheeks
 My cheeks are naturally a little pink, especially in the summer, so my summer blushes can't be too overpowering and also need to be long lasting. Two of my go-to blushes are Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in the shades Tipsy, a matte coral for when I want a little pop of color, and Exposed, a lovely matte pinky nude. Both of these hold up to the summer heat and my oily prone skin incredibly well. When I want to channel my inner bronzed goddess, it is all about my Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten Blush in Honey Dipped.

Skin & Hair
For skin, I have been obsessed with my Pangea Organics Facial Toner. I spritz this on after I cleanse to balance my skin and maximize my moisturizer's effectiveness. After I apply my face makeup, I mist this on to eliminate the powdery look. Sunscreen is a must all year round, and this summer I have been using the Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60+ Sunscreen, which doesn't leave a greasy residue on my face. I have also been loving my Batiste Dry Shampoo to add volume and absorb any excess oil. Last but certainly not least, my Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment has kept my hair soft, manageable, shiny, and hydrated despite all of the time I have spent with my hair in the pool and in the sun!

So that's what I have been faithful to this summer.
What are your Summer must-haves?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More