Review: e.l.f. Studio Eye Brushes



In my last post, I tackled some of the e.l.f. Studio face brushes, and have returned to offer my thoughts on a few of the eye brushes from the same line. I haven't tried all of the e.l.f. Studio brushes, but as I mentioned previously I have found this line of brushes to be generally high in quality and low in price. Most of the brushes in this line are made of synthetic taklon and cost around $3 a pop. Some of these brushes are real bargain finds, and others are somewhat disappointing even for the price.You can find e.l.f. brushes at Target or online at the e.l.f. website.

 Angled Contour Brush
The angled contour brush is a really interesting shape- it is round and has an angled flat top. I have found this best for blending out shadow in the space between my crease and brow bone. For me, it is too big to use as both a crease or highlighter brush. I also use this from time to time to blend in my liquid under eye concealer, but I get better results from a sponge. Also, the bristles haven't stayed in the greatest shape after a few months worth of washing. This is nice to have around, but not something I find myself reaching for too frequently.

Eyeshadow "C" Brush
The eyeshadow "c" brush is your standard short shader brush, best for packing shadow on the lid. This does the job, but I actually prefer the e.l.f. essentials eyeshadow brush over this one. In comparison, the Studio "c" brush is shorter, thicker, and the bristles are stiffer. The essentials eyeshadow brush is more flexible, a little less dense, and at $1, a third of the price.

 Small Angled Brush
I use this small angled brush exclusively on my eyebrows. I find it a bit to thick to apply eyeliner precisely, but it is perfect for filling in and shaping my brows.

Small Smudge Brush
By golly this brush is tiny. Despite its name, I find the bristles a little too tall for my preference for smudging out liner. However, this is the perfect brush for applying shadow to the inner corner of your lids and along your inner lower lash line.

What's my verdict?
Pick it up- Small Angled Brush and Small Smudge Brush
Pass on by- Eyeshadow "C" Brush (get three e.l.f. essential eyeshadow brushes for the price of the "C" brush instead)
Take it or leave it-  Angled Contour Brush


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More