June Sayonara Products!


Is it just me, or does it seem like you run out of all of your lotions, facial cleansers, shampoos and so on at once? This June I said so long to a ton of products. For some, it is goodbye forever; for others, I was sad to see them go and will repurchase in the future. Here are the beauty products that I emptied out this past month:

Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Precious Pink- I have had this blush forever, and once I hit pan I was eager to use it all! Once my blush brush could no longer pick up product trapped in the corners, I literally scraped it clean into a small jar and used up the rest of the product. Overall, this wasn't a horrid blush- a sheer, subtle pink that delivered a nice sheen. I won't repurchase, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Cover Girl Line Exact Liquid Eyeliner in Black- This little buddy served me well, but I think I am officially over felt tip liner pens. The felt tip on this one shredded up long before the pen was empty. I used this until it dried up, and I won't repurchase.

Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover- This performed really well, and was a bargain buy at Target. When I ran out I started using coconut oil to remove my eye makeup, which I have really been enjoying. But if I were to go back to a commercial remover, I would certainly consider picking up this one again.

Yes to Carrots Makeup Removing Cleanser- I used this to wash off my makeup before I used another acne-fighting cleanser. Mostly, I used it just to get rid of it. It did a nice job of melting off my face makeup, but took a bit of work to remove eye makeup. This product isn't a total flop, since it did remove my face products nicely and was highly moisturizing, but it certainly is not an essential to my skincare routine. In the future, I'll pass on this.

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towlettes- Recently I have been seeing a lot of buzzing in the blogging community. For me, these were just ho-hum, but I have never been enamored with makeup removing wipes in general. These worked well enough though, and the travel packs are great to throw into a gym bag.

Yes to Tomatoes Facial Cleaner- Although it doesn't lather much, I did enjoy this cleanser. I miss it more than I thought I might now that it is gone, so I might just repurchase. Read my full review here.

Proactive Renewing Cleanser- Back in the day when I had really problematic skin I hoarded this stuff. With time and a more gentle skincare routine, my skin has balanced out. I am so, so, so happy to be rid of this and to have moved on to all natural skincare products. I know Proactiv is really effective for many people, but I find it too harsh and too chemical-laden for my comfort.

Yes to Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer- I really love this moisturizer. While in the morning I opt for the Yest to Tomatoes moisturizer, at nigh this is my pick and I am so glad I had a backup waiting for when I finished this one! It is soothing and refreshing, smells like cucumbers, and offers phenomenal hydration without leaving a greasy residue.

Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask- I recently did a full review on this, which you can read here. The short and sweet version is that I really like this! It certainly is not as intense as other clays masks, but it does its job and I love that it is all natural.

LAVANILA The Healthy Body Butter in Vanilla Lavender- I received this generous sample in my first Birchbox, and I completely fell in love with this product (it made it into my April Favorites). Lavender is a sleepy scent for me, so I kept it on my nightstand. This natural moisturizer is super hydrating and soaks into the skin quickly. I haven't purchased a full size bottle of this yet, as it is a bit pricier than your average body butter, but I think it is worth the investment.

Yes to Carrots Moisturizing Body Scrub- I really liked this! At first I thought that it didn't exfoliate well enough, but with continued use I really saw the difference. This is a cream-based product with small, gentle exfoliating particles in it. This was really moisturizing, and although there are many great scrubs out there, I am tempted to pick this natural one up again!

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner- This is my second or third bottle of this, so I can officially say I adore this product. This deep conditioner really makes my hair silky smooth, and I am guilty of using more than once a week. If only it were all natural! Until I find an organic alternative, this one is stickin' around.

Oscar Blandi Olio Di Jasmine Hair Serum- I received this in my June Birchbox. This little sample lasted me at least three applications, so a little goes a long way. It did a nice job of controling frizz, but I wasn't wild about the jasmine scent. I am going to stick with my Macadamia Natural Oil, which is more hydrating, smells better, and less chemical-laden.

Suave Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo- I actually purchased this a few times, and it is a respectable shampoo. No miracles, but does the job. However, I have moved on to mostly natural shampoos and conditions, and have replaced this with the Yes to Tomatoes line.

Phew! I moved through a lot of loot! 
What did you say sayonara to this past month?

Also, remember to always recycle your empty beauty and bath products! Many of us forget that they are recyclable, and simply toss them in the bathroom trash. Once they leave our home, lets make sure they don't stick around in landfills!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More