July Sayonara Products!

Can you believe it is the last day of July? Where is our summer going? As we say goodbye to this month, I am also saying goodbye to a handful of products. Once again, for some empties it is good riddance and for others it is a regretful goodbye (until I repurchase, that is!). Here are the products that I finished up this past month.

Too Faced Lash Injection
I bought this mini from Sephora just to try it out, and I am glad I never invested in a full-sized tube. For me, this mascara was nothing special. The bristle brush is big, fat, and dense, which I like, but it took too much work and too many coats to achieve the length and volume I seek. On top of that, it left my lashes stiff and had an unpleasant flowery scent. Goodbye!

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Burt's Bees is notorious for making great lip balm. I love that this is all natural and that it leaves my lips tingling a bit. The only thing I wasn't fond of was the tin packaging- next time I will opt for a stick instead for easier, more sanitary application.

fresh Cannabis Santal
As I have mentioned before, I really dislike traditionally feminine and flowery fragrances for myself. Instead, I opt for more earthy and spicy scents, and Cannabis Santal is right up my alley. No, it doesn't smell like what you are thinking of, naughty girls! Cannabis Santal smells like incense but isn't over powering. 

Yes to Carrots Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser 
For intensive exfoliation this is too gentle for me. It is better as a daily cleanser, but as it is cream based it is not best suited for my oily prone skin. I love the natural Yes to brand, and I think this is a good product for someone with very sensitive, or normal to dry skin. For myself, however, I'll pass. See my full review here.

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo
This is the first dry shampoo I have ever tried, and I don't know how I lived without it! This summer essential has been great for sprucing up oily roots and adding volume.
EOS Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss
Another product I am sad to see go. This shave cream is incredibly moisturizing and smells divine. Plus, EOS is a natural brand! Read my full review here

Suave Max Hold Hairspray
This can lasted me more than a year because I don't use much product on my hair. Nothing special, but this hairspray got the job done and was really cheap.

Yes to Tomatoes Facial Hydrating Lotion
Panic struck my heart when I pumped out the last of this lotion! I reviewed it here, but in short, this is the first lotion that I feel was formulated with my skin type and needs in mind. It sinks in quickly, hydrates and balances well, and doesn't leave a greasy residue. Oily prone divas rejoice!

Yes to Blueberries Intensive Repair Serum
This product is part of Yes to's anti-aging line, so this was a preventative product for me. Although I don't yet have wrinkles to tackle, nightly use of this product really improved the condition of my skin. It was more radiant and smooth, and I could tell that it was helping to repair damaged tissue and increasing surface skin cell turn-over.

philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser
I thought I would hate this cleanser, but it wasn't half bad. My skin needs a product that is better at oil control, but I can say that this made my skin baby smooth. Read more on it here

Maybelline Define-a-Brow Pencil
At first I was really disappointed in this product; so much so, in fact, that it made it into my May Flunkies list. Although the shade is a great match for my brow color, the pencil crumbles easily and is difficult to keep sharply pointed. Over time, I learned to work with enough to use it up, but I won't be repurchasing.

What did you use up this month?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More