July Birchbox Review


July's Birchbox overall wasn't terribly memorable (again, it is hard to top the full sized Laura Geller blush from last month's box!), but I did receive a few goodies that I actually have been enjoying quite a lot. Now that I have been using these products for a few weeks, here is a short review on each!



Redken Shine Flash
The instructions for this product were not clear, but I get the best results when misting this on dry hair. After I style my hair I spray this on for a little added shine. This product is nice enough, but I have shine sprays from the drugstore that suit me just fine at a smaller price tag. 

philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser
 After reading mixed reviews about this cleanser I was a bit afraid to give it a try. Thankfully, it didn't break me out and was actually really moisturizing. While it made my skin really soft, it didn't do much for me in terms of oil control. This isn't a hit for my oily prone skin, but others with more balanced skin types might like this.
 
Korres Showergel in Fig
LOVE this! I love that this is all natural, lather wells, and smells divine. Fig is a difficult scent to describe- it is earthy and dark but still sweet.
 
Kind Almond & Apricot Bar 
This isn't something I really expected to receive in a monthly beauty subscription service, but it is totally tasty. While it  is apricot and almond, it tastes strongly of toasted coconut which I love. Yum! I have been on the hunt for these since I received my Birchbox, but haven't had any luck finding this particular flavor.
 
ybf (your best friend) beauty automatic brow pencil in universal taupe
I had never heard of this brand before, and my first impression is a great one! Although the name of the brand is a bit cheesy in my opinion, this product is pretty superb. Surprisingly, this "universal shade" is actually a really great match for me. The pencil is soft, the automatic tip actually stays pointed if used at an angle, and the spoolie on the end is a great feature.  


What did you receive in your July Birchbox? Did you enjoy your selection!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More