Fierce Femme FOTD: MAC Musky Amethyst


I only hauled two items from the MAC Semi-Precious collection, but I couldn't be happier with my purchases. After seeing swatches online, the lipstick in Musky Amethyst was a must-have for me. I am really blown away by this shade, and I think I look pretty darn fierce wearing it (if I do say so myself!). Just looking at the tube, you might think the frost finish might be unflattering and the shade might be too vampy to be really wearable. However, I think this looks more like a fresh plum berry lip stain. It applies pretty sheer, but can be easily built up for a more dramatic lip. This is a really versatile shade- Musky Amethyst is not only a great summer lipstick, but I can certainly see it carrying me into the Fall as well. I plan on doing a post on how to take this lovely lippy from day to night, but here is a quick peek with some swatches

Face
Sephora Tinted Moisturizer in Medium Peach
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light
Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Press Powder in Buff 
Bronzer from the Sephora Sculpting Disk

Cheeks
Bronzer from the Sephora Sculpting Disk (contour and lightly on the apples of my cheeks)
Highlighter from the Sephora Sculpting Disk

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
NYX The Runway Collection in Strike a Pose (light yellow gold on lid, light brown in outer corner and crease, matte white mixed with light peach on brow bone and in inner corner)
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black

Lips
 MAC Musky Amethyst




Can you tell you tell I adore this? I might even pick up a back-up!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More