Review: Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask

 
Who doesn't love a good clay face mask? The weekly pampering of my skin keeps it balanced and glowing while thwarting off those demonic blackheads. Additionally, clay masks help control my oily skin. However, not all clay masks are created equal, and I have run into my share of unpleasant ones (burning and irritating Yes to Tomatoes mask, I'm lookin' at you!). Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask has been one of the products that I attribute to my skin's improving quality, and I really enjoy and trust the natural Yes to brand as a whole. I love the idea of my face soaking in all of the benefits of veggies, and not having to wonder and worry about the chemicals and preservatives hiding in my skin care products.

Product:
The Yes to Cucumbers Facial Mask is a pale green clay mask that smells exactly like cucumbers. The scent is refreshing, but does not linger on the skin after use. I slather this stuff on after a hot shower when my pores are open and let it dry for about 15 minutes. While on my skin it is cool and relaxing; though, like all clay masks, as it dries it tightens and can feel a little awkward. Once I look like a dried out swamp monster, I rinse it off. My only complaint, and it is a super minor one, it that it takes a bit of elbow grease to rinse this mask off. After the treatment my skin feels refreshed, clean. and slightly tight. I especially like to use this when my skin is cranky and irritated. Over time, I have noticed the size of my pores and the number of blackheads on my nose slowly dwindling. I wouldn't call this a miracle product or a quick fix, but it is a nice staple to add in to your skin care routine.

Packaging:
This is your standard plastic tub. Nothing wrong with it, but for sanitary purposes I prefer squeeze tubes.

Price: 
I pick up a few of these during a Walgreen's sale for less than 5 bucks a pop. Currently, I do not see this item on the Yes to website, but it is one the Target website for $13.49

Overall, this mask is a hit with me. I am not sure I would call it a holy grail, as I am open to trying other natural face masks, but this is the best one I have found so far.

What is your favorite face mask? Do you have any recipes for home-made face masks?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More