NOTD: Tips from the Dive Bar

I have always been a big lover of french manicures, but I quickly get bored with the white tips. I'm just not enough of a lady for that classic look. Using a bright color or a dark color instead of white transforms the traditional french manicure into a fun, edgy look. I have used black, neon pink, dark purples, glitter polishes, and others and they all have come out really awesome! For this mani, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Sheer Strawberry over the whole nail. For the tips I am using one coat of Essie's Dive Bar, which is probably my favorite Essie polish. It is an interesting shimmery blackened blueish turquoise, and the formula is really opaque and easy to apply. After free-handing the tips (I don't care for the sticky french tip guides, but you could use those or even scotch tape if you prefer), I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite to prolong the wear and give it that hard, glossy almost acrylic look.

PS- Get it? Tips...from the bar? Dive bar? Get it? Oh, nevermind :)




Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More