Review: Yes to Carrots Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser

I went on a bit of a Yes to binge last month when I stumbled upon a clearance sale at my local Walgreens.  After using the products for a few weeks I can now offer my full reviews on them. I started off with my beloved Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel, and today I present Yes to Carrots Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser.



Product:
The Yes to Carrots Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser is a cream-based exfoliator with incredibly fine exfoliating particles. This is indeed very gentle...too gentle for my liking actually. I use as directed by massaging the cream in to my face for one minutes, but the exfoliation it delivers is not intense. Not that I want to sandblast my face, but this product is so creamy that it doesn't work well as a weekly treatment to slough off dead skin cells. I will say it is very moisturizing though. Because it is so gentle and mild, it is much more suitable as a daily cleanser. However, I find that foaming cleansers are better suited for my combination skin for daily use.  Though this is a bit of a miss for me, those with normal to dray skin might like this a lot if you find other exfoliators, like the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, to be too abrasive or are looking for a gentle, moisturizing exfoliating daily treatment.

Packaging:
The plastic tube is fine, but since it is so fall and skinny I have a hard time getting it to stand up right in the shower. A shorter, wider squeeze tube would be more stable.

Price: 
I pick this up at Walgreens for $5.49, though it retails for $9.99 on the Yes to website.


Overall, this particular product doesn't really do it for me, but I am pretty certain that this product is intended for people with different skin types and needs. In other words, oily and combo skinned gals should look elsewhere, while those with dry and normal skin might enjoy this. Yes to is a phenomenal natural brand with a wide array for products for various skin needs so it is worth checking them out!




Check out this and other Yes to products at their website!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More