At the Acne presentation


This Tuesday I visited the presentation of Acne’s latest autumn-winter collection and once again Acne rightfully proved itself as one of my favorite brands. The way they succeed in making basic pieces interesting with their unusual cuts, colors and fabrics is something I simply always fall for.

This time Acne showed a grown up color palette. With mustard, cobalt blue, soft pink, burgundy – and of course their signature black and grey. Next to boxy aviator jackets, lots of 7/8th length pants there were voluminous skirts and flowy pants with high side slits. Sexy in an understated way.

Acne’s Jarno Harbers explained to me that Jonny Johansson found inspiration for his designs in the girls working in his studio’s, and the creative atmosphere there. And the two piece knits, mature colors and collarless jackets were a nod to the forties. Swoon. I better start saving
!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More