April Favorites & Flunkies

Where did April go? I spent most of this month in front of a computer screen finishing up my MA paper (and taking a blogging break every now and then, of course). This past few weeks I was introduced to a few fantastic products, as well as a few disappointing ones. So what have I been loving and regretting?

Favorites:

  •  Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 674 Coral Berry- I have been wearing this shade all month. Coral Berry is a rich creme orange coral that leans towards a strawberry pink. It definitely isn't a subtle lip,  but it is totally wearable, especially when paired with neutral eye looks. This coral has ushered in my spring in a sophisticated, juicy way!
  •  Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Gash- Metallic rust red might not sound like the most flattering shade for your lids, but I am finding this shadow really versatile. I have rocked a few smokey eye looks with this, but it is also nice blended into the crease for an interesting contour (check out my Fierce Femme FOTD for an example). More detailed images and a swatch can be found here. Green eyed babes like me will particularly love this.
  • Slathin & Co. Candle in Salty Carmel from Bath & Body Works- We all know that Bath & Body Works sells some awesome candles, but in my opinion this one tops them all. Salty Carmel is an fantastic scent to start your warm season with. It smells just like going to the fair as a kid! Absolutely delicious!
  • Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge- I had heard raves about the Beauty Blender, and while I do not know how this compares, I have been loving this blending sponge. It doesn't eat up much product and gives me a natural finish without compromising on coverage. The little pointed end makes it ideal for applying foundation around the nose or concealer under the eyes. This has totally replaced my old foundation brush.
  •  Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment- A dime size of this on my wet hair keeps my long locks manageable and fizz free. With continued use I can tell it is improving the texture of my hair and keeping it moisturized. It doesn't leave me feeling greasy, and smells divine. The price tag for the full bottle of this is steep, but a little goes a long way and for the quality seems completely worth it.
  • LAVANILA The Healthy Body Butter in Vanilla Lavender- This came in my April Birchbox, and I am definitely going to invest in a full sized bottle of this. It is moisturizing and soaks into my skin quickly. Also, I love that LAVANILLA is natural and packages their body butters in sanitary tubes instead of tubs like other brands. I associate lavender with sleep, so I keep this by my bedside table to apply at night. I am interested it trying out other scents as well.
  • Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum- This stuff has totally transformed my foundation. This combo skinned babe now can have longer-wearing foundation, oil control, and a subtle luminous finish. Check out my full review here.
  • Zoya Pasha- This month I have picked up quite a few polishes, but I can't help but come back to this one. It is a gorgeous silvered taupe with mushroom, almost purple undertones. Check out my full review and swatches here.
  • E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner in Black- I wasn't too fond of this at first, but have really gotten into this liner this month. It is creamy and easy to apply, and once it dries this stuff doesn't budge or flake. I have been using it to line my upper waterline and it lasts all day.
  • EOS Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss- My legs and underarms have never been softer or more closely shaved. I can't find anything to dislike about this natural, deliciously scented, smartly packaged product. Check out my full review here.
  • EOS Lip Blam Smooth Sphere in Summer Fruit- This lip balm makes me want to abandon all of my others. Clever packaging, hydrating, natural, great taste- I love it! Check out my full review here.
  • Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy- I am not even tempted to buy another blush in the near future, unless it is other shades of this Tarte blush. The formula is that amazing, and Tipsy is an awesome coral for spring. My full review and swatches can be found here.

 Flunkies:
  •  Revlon CustomEyes Mascara Waterproof in Blackest Black- The only reason I bought this is because I had a CVS coupon for it, a tactic that unfortunately sucked me in. The selling point of this mascara is that the brush is 2-in-1: with a twist of the dial, the wand changes between 2 settings, one for "Length & Drama" and the other for "Length & Definition." More like "Spikey & Clumpy" and "More Spikey & Clumpy." Total gimmick! The formula isn't bad, so in the spirit of Project 10 Pan sometimes I apply this as a first coat and use another mascara with a better brush as the second.
  •  Yes to Tomatoes Deep Cleansing Facial Pads- I love the brand Yes to Carrots so this is upsetting for me. To be fair though, I am almost certain that the reason this product is sub-par is my own fault. I should have know better than to pick up an item like this from the discount bin at Walgreens, because I discovered at home that all the pads were totally dried up! I might give these another go, but pick them up from YTC directly.
  • E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine in Goddess- This sticky, cough syrup flavored gloss does not make me feel like a goddess. Good thing it was only a buck! Read my full review here.
  • E.L.F. Essentials Natural Lash Kit in Black- These lashes are inconsistent, leaving me with one fluttery cute eye and another crazy, blinking doll one. Read my full review here.
Pheww! So there it is! What are you loving and regretting this month?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More